Behind the Lines
By Jeffrey B. Miller
- Kirkus’ Best Books of 2014 & Kirkus Starred Review
- Finalist, history, 2014 Foreword Reviews’ Indie Book of the Year, March 2015
- Finalist, general nonfiction, 67th annual Colorado Authors League Writing Awards, May 2015
- Starred Review, Blue Ink Reviews, June 2015
- Positive Reviews from Publishers Weekly, Foreword magazine, Denver Post
Additional Recognitions for Behind the Lines: Special Mention, Southwest Book Design Awards, New Mexico Book Association, June 2015; Finalist in History, Cover Design, Interior Design, and Printing, Colorado Independent Publishers Association EVVY Awards, August 2015.
The Next Book: The original plan was for a trilogy, with the first book, Behind the Lines, covering August to December 1914. Traditional book publishers, however, have shown interest in having only one book tell the story (August 1914 to April 1917). So now I’m working on that book, which I’ve titled WWI Crusaders. I hope to find a traditional book publisher who is interested in getting it out by autumn 2018 for the 100th anniversary of the end of the war. For updates, go to my WWI CRB Blog.